Search This Blog

Friday 22 March 2013

Metro Division Conference 2013

Annette 

Six from our club attended the Metro Division Conference last Saturday. John S, John T, Annette, Leesa, Liz We, and me.

Annette competed in the Evaluation contest and came second. I felt I learned more from Annette's evaluation that any of the other evaluations, because she had a good point for improvement that none of the others mentioned. Anyway she did our club proud.




The speeches were of a high standard. It was good to see former International President of Toastmasters,
Gavin Blakey
Gavin Blakey chair the International Contest. Another distinguished guest was Jock Elliott, who was World Champion speaker in 2011.

I was challenged by the session conducted by  keynote speaker Kevin Ryan. 

One of his memorable quotes was, "Everything great you'll ever achieve will happen outside your comfort zone."
He challenged us to pair up with someone in the room who we didn't know & tell them what commitment we had made to step outside our comfort zone. I found myself talking to the lovely young girl in front of me, and I rashly committed myself to entering the Evaluation Contest this year. 

Oh dear, what have I done!!




No comments:

Post a Comment